Each year Swimming Gold Coast recognizes the swimmers in our region at our annual awards presentation evening. A number of awards are presented including:
- Rising Star
- Presidents Choice Award
- Swimmer of the Stroke
- Age Group Awards
- Club Point Score
- Coaches Award
Every club will have a representative and partner, and the coach and a partner invited to the Presentation Day. Only swimmers winning awards will be invited along with a parent. All Regional officials will be invited and presented with their thankyou cheques for the season.
The following Section describes each award in detail along with specific 2018/2019 season criteria making up selection for the award:
- This award is for a swimmer aged between 13 and 17
- Points are taken from results at nominated Swimming Gold Coast meets during the season.
- State Titles rankings
- National Titles rankings
- SGC Records, Queensland records, National records.
- Swimmer must compete in the Swimming Gold Coast Championships.
- Swimmer must not have been selected in an Australian Open Team.
- This award receives a trophy and cheque
- This award can only be won once.
Presidents Choice Award
- The swimmer who receives this award is usually the runner up to the Rising Star or has received the rising star prior
- This swimmer may however be a swimmer who has just made an Australian Open Team and is therefore ineligible for the Rising Star.
- This trophy is at the discretion of the President and Committee.
- This award receives trophy and cheque
- This award can only be won once.
Swimmer of the Stroke
- Points are accumulated from both LC & SC Swimming Gold Coast Championships (compulsory) and SQ Short course, Long Course and Sprint Championships as per Age awards
- Strokes are freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and Individual Medley.
- Trophy and cheque is given to the swimmers who finish with the highest number of points in each stroke.
Age Group Awards
- Awarded to Swimmers from 10yrs to 16 & Over yrs.
- Age is at 1st day of Summer Championships
- Point’s allocation for the SGC Summer & Winter Championships (both of which are Compulsory for eligibility – Note:(V) Swimmers will be removed from data base and events re-scored). Points scores are as follows: 1st = 10. 2nd = 8, 3rd = 6, 4th = 5, 5th = 4, 6th = 3, 7th = 2, 8th and all subsequent placings = 1.
- Swimming Queensland 3 championship meets will have only (V) teams removed from the data base and then re-scored with the following points: 1st = 20, 2nd = 19, 3rd = 18, 4th = 17, etc till 20th =1point
- The top three boys and top three girls in each age group receive a trophy, McDonald’s product and a cheque
- Swimmers who make themselves available for the QLD State Regional Relays (whether selected or not) shall receive an additional 20 age group points and are considered towards Rising Star and President’s award.
Club Points Score
- Swimming Gold Coast Regional Summer Championships ONLY
Every swim a competitor completes for their Club will gain points for their Club, the number of points will be dependent on their placing. For every point your Club scores you will accumulate Prize Money. The Prize Money will be calculated at 1point = 50cents. Every Swimming Gold Coast Club that attends our regions Championships each year will receive a share of the Prize Money.
- The Individual Point score is as follows: 1st = 10. 2nd = 8, 3rd = 6, 4th = 5, 5th = 4, 6th = 3, 7th = 2, 8th and all subsequent placings = 1.
- The Relay Point score is as follows: 1st = 20, 2nd = 16, 3rd = 12, 4th = 10, 5th = 8, 6th = 6, 7th = 4, 8th and all subsequent placings = 2.
- Based on all the points earned with Age group awards the top 3 Club’s Age Group Coaches will be awarded cash prizes.
- A swimmer will not be awarded points if they do not compete at an event.
- Medical certificates will not be reviewed or considered by the committee. Swimmers must participate to receive points.
- Swimmers must also be registered competitive swimmers with a gold coast regional club at the time of the championships.