- Winter Championships (short Course)
- Relay Championships (Long Course)
- Summer Championships (long Course)
Click on the tab relevant to the event for all criteria including qualifying times.
Notes for the day
- These championships will be conducted under: the Swimming Queensland General Rules, SQ Championship By-Laws, FINA and SAL rules.
- All competitors must, at the time of competing, be registered Competitive Members of a Swimming Club, which is duly affiliated with both its Regional and State bodies.
- Visiting swimmers must have a Clearance from their Federation or State Association.
- Competitors in the first two events should be in the marshalling area 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time of the session. In addition, competitors should be in the marshalling area at least two events ahead of the event in progress. Competitors who do not report as required shall be deemed to be withdrawn. All heats (including heats of the 800m and 1500m Freestyle shall deemed as one event for the purpose of this rule).
- In events of 200m or greater, swimmers need not remain in the Marshalling Room once they have reported and been marked off as “contesting the event”. Please note, however, that if swimmers choose to leave the Marshalling Room after reporting, it is their responsibility to ensure they have returned to the Marshalling Room at the commencement of the event preceding the one in which they are entered. (This will ensure there is sufficient time to appropriately assemble swimmers should a re-seed or amalgamation occur).
- The Marshalling Area at Emmanuel College is undercover down the corridor past the bathrooms. No unauthorized persons shall enter the marshalling area.
- The Pool Deck area must be kept clear to enable all Officials to carry out their duties during the running of the Meet.
• No person shall walk on the pool deck between the pool end and the timekeepers.
• No person shall walk along the poolside during any event.
• No person shall enter the water between races unless instructed to do so by an official.
- Heats may be combined at the discretion of the Referee in consultation with the Marshall.
- The age of competitors shall be as at the 4th August 2018. Late entries will be accepted in accordance with the Meet Invite and late fee will be applicable.
- Placings will be determined on the three (3) fastest official times recorded in the heats. There will be no finals swum.
- At the completion of each heat, swimmers will remain in their lanes until the final swimmer has completed his/her swim and will leave the water when directed to do so by the Referee.
- All protests are to be submitted in writing by the responsible team leader together with a $100 deposit with the Referee no later than 30 minutes after the announcement of the results or disqualifications.
- The Referee will be the sole arbitrator of all disputes and his/her decision will be final.
- In nominating for this Meet, swimmers agreed that they may be photographed by Swimming Queensland, Swimming Gold Coast and the Club approved photographers, that the images may be displayed for viewing and purchasing on site during the Meet and on the photographer’s secure website after the Meet, and that they may also be used by Swimming Queensland, Swimming Gold Coast and the Club at its discretion.
- During the session warm up periods dive starts and pacework will be allocated for Lanes 1 and 8.
- The ‘one start’ rule will be used at this meet.
- The Check Starter will position the swimmers behind their lanes, prior to the start.
- The Referee will call the swimmers to their position on their blocks with a long whistle blast.
- For Backstroke events the swimmers will enter the water, feet first, on the first long whistle blast. Upon the second whistle, swimmers will assume their starting positions.
- The Starter will call “take your marks”; the swimmers will assume their starting positions and remain stationary until the starting device is sounded.
- Any swimmer may be disqualified if he/she delays the start or willfully disobeys an instruction from the Starter.
- The first three places in each event will be determined by the three fastest OFFICIAL times. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded accordingly. However, medals will not be awarded if the time swum is slower than the required qualifying time for that event.
- Visitors that are non-Australian, competing from interstate or for another Federation will be awarded medals but not recognised as record holders at this meet.
- Record certificates will be presented for all new records once they have been ratified. Visiting swimmers will no be awarded Records.
- Results will be displayed as they become available. They will also be available through Meet Mobile. Please do not approach the Recording area.
- Age Champions will be recognised from all events in a swimmers age group. (Except for Open events). A minimum of 4 events in their age group must be swum to be eligible. An individual point score for all placings will be used for these championships.
Medals will be awarded as follows:
All 50m events & 100m IM 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 years & over
All 200IM & 100m events & 200 & 400 Freestyle events 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 years & over
200m Form Stroke & 400m IM 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 years & over
800m Free & 1500m Free 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 years and over
- Multi-Class Swimmers must be registered as ‘competitive’ swimmers with a Gold Coast Club and have a classification card. Classification number/s must appear in the TM file sent in by clubs.
- Classification cards must be sighted by the Chief Referee during Warm-up on the Saturday morning of competition.
- Multi-class swimmers without a Classification Card will be allowed to swim as an Exhibition swimmer only. As such, they will not be eligible for a medal.
- The events (all four 50m & 100m Free & 100 IM) are for 11 years & Over and run as Open events. There are no qualifying times.
- Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place according to the Swimming Australia Multi-Class Format.
2018 Winter Championships Qualifying Times:
The following lists qualifying times for all events to be raced at these championships.
A copy of these times in .PDF format can be downloaded here.
|Event||Boys Events||Qualifying Times||Event||Girls Events||Qualifying Times|
|1||Boys 11yrs 200m Free||2:40.00||2||Girls 11yrs 200m Free||2:40.00|
|Boys 12yrs 200m Free||2:29.00||Girls 12yrs 200m Free||2:30.00|
|Boys 13yrs 200m Free||2:22.00||Girls 13yrs 200m Free||2:23.00|
|Boys 14yrs 200m Free||2:16.00||Girls 14yrs 200m Free||2:18.00|
|Boys 15yrs 200m Free||2:10.00||Girls 15yrs 200m Free||2:16.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 200m Free||2:07.00||Girls 16yrs&O 200m Free||2:14.00|
|3||Boys Open Multi-Class 50m Backstroke||No QT||4||Girls Open Multi-Class 50m Backstroke||No QT|
|5||Boys 8yrs 50m Back||No QT||6||Girls 8yrs 50m Back||No QT|
|Boys 9yrs 50m Back||No QT||Girls 9yrs 50m Back||No QT|
|Boys 10yrs 50m Back||0:45.00||Girls 10yrs 50m Back||0:45.00|
|Boys 11yrs 50m Back||0:43.00||Girls 11yrs 50m Back||0:43.00|
|Boys 12yrs 50m Back||0:40.00||Girls 12yrs 50m Back||0:40.00|
|Boys 13yrs 50m Back||0:38.00||Girls 13yrs 50m Back||0:38.00|
|Boys 14yrs 50m Back||0:35.00||Girls 14yrs 50m Back||0:35.00|
|Boys 15yrs 50m Back||0:34.00||Girls 15yrs 50m Back||0:34.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 50m Back||0:33.00||Girls 16yrs&O 50m Back||0:33.00|
|7||Boys 8yrs 50m Fly||No QT||8||Girls 8yrs 50m Fly||No QT|
|Boys 9yrs 50m Fly||No QT||Girls 9yrs 50m Fly||No QT|
|Boys 10yrs 50m Fly||0:48.00||Girls 10yrs 50m Fly||0:48:00|
|9||Boys 11yrs 100m Breast||1:37.00||10||Girls 11yrs 100m Breast||1:39.00|
|Boys 12yrs 100m Breast||1:30.00||Girls 12yrs 100m Breast||1:32.00|
|Boys 13yrs 100m Breast||1:26.00||Girls 13yrs 100m Breast||1:28.00|
|Boys 14yrs 100m Breast||1:22.00||Girls 14yrs 100m Breast||1:26.00|
|Boys 15yrs 100m Breast||1:20.00||Girls 15yrs 100m Breast||1:24.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 100m Breast||1:18.00||Girls 16yrs&O 100m Breast||1:24.00|
|11||Boys Open Multi-Class 50m Breaststroke||No QT||12||Girls Open Multi-Class 50m Breaststroke||No QT|
|13||Boys 13yrs 200m Fly||2:45.00||14||Girls 13yrs 200m Fly||2:50.00|
|Boys 14yrs 200m Fly||2:38.00||Girls 14yrs 200m Fly||2:44.00|
|Boys 15yrs 200m Fly||2:34.00||Girls 15yrs 200m Fly||2:42.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 200m Fly||2:28.00||Girls 16yrs&O 200m Fly||2:40.00|
|15||Boys 8yrs 100m IM||No QT||16||Girls 8yrs 100m IM||No QT|
|Boys 9yrs 100m IM||No QT||Girls 9yrs 100m IM||No QT|
|Boys 10yrs 100m IM||1:37.00||Girls 10yrs 100m IM||1:37.00|
|Boys 11yrs 100m IM||1:27.00||Girls 11yrs 100m IM||1:27.00|
|Boys 12yrs 100m IM||1:22.00||Girls 12yrs 100m IM||1:21.00|
|Boys 13yrs 100m IM||1:16.00||Girls 13yrs 100m IM||1:17.00|
|Boys 14yrs 100m IM||1:12.00||Girls 14yrs 100m IM||1:16.00|
|Boys 15yrs 100m IM||1:11.00||Girls 15yrs 100m IM||1:15.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 100m IM||1:09.00||Girls 16yrs&O 100m IM||1:14.00|
|17||Boys Open Multi-Class 100m Individual Medley||No QT||18||Girls Open Multi-Class 100m Individual Medley||No QT|
|19||Boys 8yrs 50m Breast||No QT||20||Girls 8yrs 50m Breast||No QT|
|Boys 9yrs 50m Breast||No QT||Girls 9yrs 50m Breast||No QT|
|Boys 10yrs 50m Breast||0:51.00||Girls 10yrs 50m Breast||0:51.00|
|Boys 11yrs 50m Breast||0:50.00||Girls 11yrs 50m Breast||0:50.00|
|Boys 12yrs 50m Breast||0:44.00||Girls 12yrs 50m Breast||0:45.00|
|Boys 13yrs 50m Breast||0:42.00||Girls 13yrs 50m Breast||0:42.00|
|Boys 14yrs 50m Breast||0:38.00||Girls 14yrs 50m Breast||0:41.00|
|Boys 15yrs 50m Breast||0:37.00||Girls 15yrs 50m Breast||0:40.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 50m Breast||0:36.00||Girls 16yrs&O 50m Breast||0:39.00|
|21||Boys 13yrs 200m Back||2:47.00||22||Girls 13yrs 200m Back||2:49.00|
|Boys 14yrs 200m Back||2:39.00||Girls 14yrs 200m Back||2:44.00|
|Boys 15yrs 200m Back||2:36.00||Girls 15yrs 200m Back||2:43.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 200m Back||2:31.00||Girls 16yrs&O 200m Back||2:39.00|
|23||Boys 8yrs 50m Free||No QT||24||Girls 8yrs 50m Free||No QT|
|Boys 9yrs 50m Free||No QT||Girls 9yrs 50m Free||No QT|
|Boys 10yrs 50m Free||0:37.00||Girls 10yrs 50m Free||0:37.00|
|25||Boys 12yrs 400m IM||6:20.00||26||Girls 12yrs 400m IM||6:22.00|
|Boys 13yrs 400m IM||6:05.00||Girls 13yrs 400m IM||6:07.00|
|Boys 14yrs 400m IM||5:45.00||Girls 14yrs 400m IM||5:47.00|
|Boys 15yrs 400m IM||5:35.00||Girls 15yrs 400m IM||5:37.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 400m IM||5:25.00||Girls 16yrs&O 400m IM||5:27.00|
|27||Boys 12yrs&O 800m Free||10:47.00||28||Girls 12yrs&O 800m Free||10:35.00|
|29||Boys 11yrs 200m IM||3:07.00||30||Girls 11yrs 200m IM||3:10.00|
|Boys 12yrs 200m IM||2:58.00||Girls 12yrs 200m IM||2:58.00|
|Boys 13yrs 200m IM||2:50.00||Girls 13yrs 200m IM||2:52.00|
|Boys 14yrs 200m IM||2:40.00||Girls 14yrs 200m IM||2:45.00|
|Boys 15yrs 200m IM||2:35.00||Girls 15yrs 200m IM||2:43.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 200m IM||2:30.00||Girls 16yrs&O 200m IM||2:42.00|
|31||Boys Open Multi-Class 50m Freestyle||No QT||32||Girls Open Multi-Class 50m Freestyle||No QT|
|33||Boys 11yrs 50m Free||0:35.00||34||Girls 11yrs 50m Free||0:35.00|
|Boys 12yrs 50m Free||0:32.00||Girls 12yrs 50m Free||0:33.00|
|Boys 13yrs 50m Free||0:30.00||Girls 13yrs 50m Free||0:32.00|
|Boys 14yrs 50m Free||0:29.00||Girls 14yrs 50m Free||0:31.00|
|Boys 15yrs 50m Free||0:28.00||Girls 15yrs 50m Free||0:30.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 50m Free||0:27.00||Girls 16yrs&O 50m Free||0:29.00|
|35||Boys 11yrs 100m Back||1:26.00||36||Girls 11yrs 100m Back||1:26.00|
|Boys 12yrs 100m Back||1:21.00||Girls 12yrs 100m Back||1:22.00|
|Boys 13yrs 100m Back||1:17.00||Girls 13yrs 100m Back||1:18.00|
|Boys 14yrs 100m Back||1:14.00||Girls 14yrs 100m Back||1:16.00|
|Boys 15yrs 100m Back||1:12.00||Girls 15yrs 100m Back||1:14.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 100m Back||1:10.00||Girls 16yrs&O 100m Back||1:13.00|
|37||Boys Open Multi-Class 50m Butterfly||No QT||38||Girls Open Multi-Class 50m Butterfly||No QT|
|39||Boys 11yrs 50m Fly||0:40.00||40||Girls 11yrs 50m Fly||0:41.00|
|Boys 12yrs 50m Fly||0:37.00||Girls 12yrs 50m Fly||0:37.00|
|Boys 13yrs 50m Fly||0:34.00||Girls 13yrs 50m Fly||0:35.00|
|Boys 14yrs 50m Fly||0:33.00||Girls 14yrs 50m Fly||0:34.00|
|Boys 15yrs 50m Fly||0:32.00||Girls 15yrs 50m Fly||0:33.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 50m Fly||0;31.00||Girls 16yrs&O 50m Fly||0:33.00|
|41||Boys 11yrs 400m Free||5:40.00||42||Girls 11yrs 400m Free||5:40.00|
|Boys 12yrs 400m Free||5:14.00||Girls 12yrs 400m Free||5:14.00|
|Boys 13yrs 400m Free||4:56.00||Girls 13yrs 400m Free||5:07.00|
|Boys 14yrs 400m Free||4:51.00||Girls 14yrs 400m Free||4:58.00|
|Boys 15yrs 400m Free||4:41.00||Girls 15yrs 400m Free||4:55.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 400m Free||4:37.00||Girls 16yrs&O 400m Free||4:52.00|
|43||Boys 11yrs 100m Fly||1:25.00||44||Girls 11yrs 100m Fly||1:27.00|
|Boys 12yrs 100m Fly||1:18.00||Girls 12yrs 100m Fly||1:20.00|
|Boys 13yrs 100m Fly||1:16.00||Girls 13yrs 100m Fly||1:18.00|
|Boys 14yrs 100m Fly||1:11.00||Girls 14yrs 100m Fly||1:15.00|
|Boys 15yrs 100m Fly||1:19.00||Girls 15yrs 100m Fly||1:13.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 100m Fly||1:07.00||Girls 16yrs&O 100m Fly||1:12.00|
|45||Boys 13yrs 200m Breast||3:05.00||46||Girls 13yrs 200m Breast||3:07.00|
|Boys 14yrs 200m Breast||2:56.00||Girls 14yrs 200m Breast||3:04.00|
|Boys 15yrs 200m Breast||2:50.00||Girls 15yrs 200m Breast||3:02.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 200m Breast||2:47.00||Girls 16yrs&O 200m Breast||3:00.00|
|47||Boys Open Multi-Class 100m Freestyle||No QT||48||Girls Open Multi-Class 100m Freestyle||No QT|
|49||Boys 11yrs 100m Free||1:14.00||50||Girls 11yrs 100m Free||1:14.00|
|Boys 12yrs 100m Free||1:09.00||Girls 12yrs 100m Free||1:09.00|
|Boys 13yrs 100m Free||1:05.00||Girls 13yrs 100m Free||1:08.00|
|Boys 14yrs 100m Free||1:03.00||Girls 14yrs 100m Free||1:07.00|
|Boys 15yrs 100m Free||1:01.00||Girls 15yrs 100m Free||1:06.00|
|Boys 16yrs&O 100m Free||1:00.00||Girls 16yrs&O 100m Free||1:04.00|
|51||Boys 13yrs&O 1500m Free||19:20.00||52||Girls 13yrs&O 1500m Free||19:45.00|