To assist you in running your swim meet the Region has a number of items available that your club can hire. For billing and maintenance purposes equipment is grouped into categories (category 1 and category 2). To hire equipment its as simple as filling and submitting the form to the RHS.
The tables below detail each type of equipment available for hire from the region:
|Tent||Large 6 x 3|
|Tent||Large 6 x 3|
|Tent||Small 3 x 3|
|Tent||Small 3 x 3|
|Stop Watches||Hand Held Stop Watches (13 available)|
|Chair||White plastic marshaling (130 available)|
|Marshaling Board||A Frame style Marshaling Board with Yellow digital style (manual) numbers for both Event and Heat (2 available)|
|Lap Counter||Metal style with White numbering (10 available)|
|Water Cooler||Large round yellow with red lid and lever tap (1 x 25 Ltr available)|
|Medal Stand||Timber base with metal arms supporting 6 medal types|
|Medal cushion||Blue Cushion used for medal presentation when using a dais|
|Blue Mats||Large rubber mats typically used to cover any item that may constitute a risk to health and safety (for example cables around the meet manager operator’s environment) (2 available).|
|PA System||The PA system is rented as one category 2 item per event, regardless of how many components of the PA system are hired. The total system includes:
Although this unit is rented with instructions it is advised the operator is trained on the configuration of this unit prior to them renting it.
|Dolphin Wireless Timing System||The Dolphin Wireless Timing System is rented as one category 2 item per event, regardless of how many components of the Timing System are hired. The total system includes:
The Timing System is not rented with instructions so it is advised the operator is trained on the configuration and running of this unit prior to them renting it.
When hiring the timing system Your club is responsible for:
- Either including the SGC region laptop in your hire, or provision of your own laptop. You must run your own current dated licensed version of Meet Manager on the laptop.
- When using your own laptop you are responsible for installing the timing system software.Installing the Dolphin starter software (download from here) on your own laptop per the instructions here.
- Connecting the Dolphin system to yours or the SGC laptop and ensuring the smooth operation of your timing system prior to the day of the meet. The region recommends running a number of dummy heats and ensuring timing works as expected and results are saved appropriately in Meet Manager.
- Checking the batteries in each handheld timer prior to and during the meet (The GCRSA will provide 10 spare Standard 9 volt batteries with each rental – the square ones we used to stick on our tongues to check the charge)
- Ensuring the starter unit is fully charged prior to commencement of the meet each day (you cannot have the power adapter connected to the starter unit during the meet).
Note: The region can provide a competent Meet Manager operator for your meet. You can engage an operator from the region via submitting this form.
When hiring the Laser Printer Your club is responsible for:
- Ensuring the printer software is downloaded and installed to the laptop you are running your meet manager software on, and that you have performed a number of test prints from Meet Manager prior to the day of the meet
- Providing sufficient laser quality A4 paper for printing on during the meet (suggestion: 1 ream of 500 sheets of 80GSM laser paper)
When hiring the SGC Laptop Your club is responsible for:
- Installing your clubs license to the Meet Manager installation
- Importing your own TM event file from your OME Club Lane download
The SGC laptop computer has the latest versions of the following software installed:
- Meet Manager by Hytek
- Dolphin Colorado timing systems software
- Laser Printer Drivers