Each year Swimming Gold Coast recognises the swimmers in our region at our annual awards presentation afternoon. A number of awards are presented including:
- Rising Star
- Presidents Choice Award
- Swimmer of the Stroke
- Age Group Awards
- Club Point Score
- Coaches Award
Every club will have a representative and partner, and the coach and a partner invited to the Presentation Day. Only swimmers winning awards will be invited along with a parent. All Regional officials will be invited and presented with their thank you for the season.
The following Section describes each award in detail along with specific 2020/2021 season criteria making up selection for the award:
- This award is for a swimmer aged between 13 and 17.
- Points are taken from results at nominated Swimming Gold Coast meets during the season.
- State Titles rankings.
- National Titles rankings.
- SGC Records, Queensland records, National records.
- Swimmer must compete in the Swimming Gold Coast Championships, (Winter Short Course and Summer Long Course and SGC Sprint Champs).
- Swimmer must not have been selected in an Australian Open Team.
- This award receives a trophy and monetary prize.
- This award can only be won once.
Presidents Choice Award
- The swimmer who receives this award may be the runner up to the Rising Star or may have received the rising star prior.
- This swimmer may be a swimmer who has just made an Australian Open Team and is therefore ineligible for the Rising Star.
- This trophy is at the discretion of the President and Committee.
- This award receives trophy and monetary prize.
- This award can only be won once.
Swimmer of the Stroke
- Points are accumulated from LC and Sprint Swimming Gold Coast Championships and SQ Short course, Long Course as per Age awards
- Strokes are freestyle sprint (including 50, 100 and 200mtr events), freestyle distance (including 400, 800 and 1500mtr events), backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and Individual Medley.
- A Trophy and monetary prize is given to the swimmers who finish with the highest number of points in each stroke.
Multi-Class Swimmer Award
- Points are accumulated from both LC and Sprint Swimming Gold Coast Championships and SQ Short course, Long Course as per Age awards.
- Note: Swimmers only accumulate points for this award when swimming in designated multi-class events.
Age Group Awards
- Awarded to Swimmers from 10yrs to 17 & Over yrs.
- Age is at 1st day of Summer Championships
- Swimmer must compete in the Swimming Gold Coast LC Championships.
- Points are accumulated from the SGC Summer and Sprint Championships.
- The Welcome Back to Swimming Meet was not designated as a SC Championship meet and results from this meet have not been included.
Points scores are as follows for Sprint and Summer Championships: 1st = 10. 2nd = 8, 3rd = 6, 4th = 5, 5th = 4, 6th = 3, 7th = 2, 8th and all subsequent placings = 1.
Swimming Queensland 3 championship meets will then be re-scored with the following points: 1st = 10, 2nd = 9, 3rd = 8, 4th = 7, 5th = 6, 6th = 5, 7th = 4, 8th = 3, 9th = 2 and 10th to 20th = 1point
- The top three boys and top three girls in each age group receive a trophy, McDonald’s product and a monetary prize.
- Swimmers who make themselves available for the QLD State Regional Relays (whether selected or not) shall receive an additional 10 age group points and are considered towards Rising Star and President’s award.
Club Points Score
- Swimming Gold Coast Regional Summer Championships ONLY
Every swim a competitor completes for their Club will gain points for their Club, the number of points will be dependent on their placing. For every point your Club scores you will accumulate Prize Money. The Prize Money will be calculated at 1point = 50cents. Every Swimming Gold Coast Club that attends our regions Championships each year will receive a share of the Prize Money.
- The Individual Point score is as follows: 1st = 10. 2nd = 8, 3rd = 6, 4th = 5, 5th = 4, 6th = 3, 7th = 2, 8th and all subsequent placings = 1.
- The Relay Point score is as follows: 1st = 20, 2nd = 16, 3rd = 12, 4th = 10, 5th = 8, 6th = 6, 7th = 4, 8th and all subsequent placings = 2.
Open Water Swimmer Award
- Points are accumulated from 1500 metre events and State Open Water and National Open Water events and will accumulate points as per Age Awards (above).
- Based on all the points earned with Age group awards the top 3 Club’s Age Group Coaches will be awarded cash prizes.
- A swimmer will not be awarded points if they do not compete at an event.
- Medical certificates will not be reviewed or considered by the committee. Swimmers must participate to receive points.
- Swimmers must also be registered competitive swimmers with a gold coast regional club at the time of the championships.
- Swimmers will only receive an exemption if they are called up by Swimming Australia for a training camp or competition.